Radcliffe Department of Medicine DPhil Scholars Programme

Sponsored content

The Radcliffe Department of Medicine at the University of Oxford is a large, multi-disciplinary department, which aims to tackle some of the world’s biggest health challenges by integrating innovative basic biology with cutting edge clinical research.

The department has internationally renowned programmes in a broad spectrum of sciences related to medicine, including:

• Cancer Biology
  • Cardiovascular Science
  • Cellular and Clinical Imaging
  • Computational Biology
  • Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology
  • Genetics and Genomics
  • Haematology and Pathology
  • Immunology
  • Stem Cells and Developmental Biology

Our research spans the translational research spectrum, from basic biological research through to clinical application. A full list of supervisor profiles can be found on our website.

Our PhD Scholars Programme is open to outstanding candidates of any nationality. It provides fully funded awards for students wishing to undertake a four-year PhD in Medical Sciences.

Further details on the projects available and the application process are available on the RDM website.

Before you apply, you should identify an academic member of staff who is willing to supervise you and has the resources to support the proposed research project. Although not part of the final selection process, contact with the prospective supervisor is a key part of the admissions process to ensure there is a good fit between the student and the lab.

The closing date for applications is 12 noon (UK time) on Friday 9 December 2022.

Interviews will take place during the week commencing 16 January 2022.

Offers will be made in February 2023 for an October 2023 start.

The Radcliffe Department of Medicine actively promotes a family friendly working environment.