In a joint venture with St Modwen Properties, Merton College is planning to create up to 1,250 homes and over 80,000 metres of logistics space on a plot of land near Worcester. The project will also build a primary school and retail facilities, and looks to promote local employment via modern logistics facilities.

The site is on the outskirts of Worcester, and forms part of the South Worcestershire Development Plan. Located between the new Worcester Parkway Station and junction 7 of the M5, the plot of land is just over 60 miles away from Merton College, Oxford.

John Gloag, Estates Bursar at Merton College, Oxford, said: “This is an exciting opportunity to create a high-quality, mixed-use scheme with cutting-edge sustainability that will be a fantastic place to live and work. Merton College is delighted to be partnering with St Modwen, which shares our sustainability ambitions, brings multi-disciplinary expertise, and has a proven track record of delivering residential and commercial together to create new communities.”

Image credit: Anders Sandberg / CC BY 2.0