The university has confirmed 12 cases amongst staff and students from Early Alert Service tests for the 23rd-29th January, a slight increase from the record-low 7 cases reported last week. The number of tests administered has dropped slightly from 103 to 99, with a positivity rate of 12.1%, almost twice that of last week’s figure.

Since the University started the Early Alert Service, 6,439 tests have been administered, with 1,229 coming back positive and an average positivity rate of 19.1%. Last term, the lowest number of positive tests reported in a week was 21. Cases have remained low this term outside of the spike of 45 cases reported in week 0. 

According to Public Health England, cases have been dropping in Oxford Central and East Central Oxford, but rising again in North Central Oxford and Osney, Jericho & Port Meadow. In the seven days up to January 26th, 10 cases were reported in Oxford Central, 20 in East Central Oxford, 8 in North Central Oxford, and 12 in Osney, Jericho & Port Meadow.