Oxford City player joins Love Island

Finn Tapp, a footballer for Oxford City, has temporarily left the Club for the newest series of ITV’s Love Island.

On his arrival to the Villa, the twenty-year-old centre-back said: “It’ll be great if I come out the villa with mates, but if I need to step on toes to get the girl I like, I’ll do it.

“I’ve always been loyal. Whenever I start getting the wandering eye, it’s time to break up. Who knows what could happen.”

Tapp entered the South Africa Villa alongside model Connaugh Howard. After the departure of Ollie Williams, the total number of contestants still in the Villa stands at thirteen.

Oxford City were not informed of Tapp’s decision to join the show. In a statement, City said: “The club was not aware Finn Tapp was going on Love Island – this is normal protocol for all contestants. We understand and wish Finn luck on the show.”

Mick Livesy, Oxford City Commercial Director, said: “Of course we’ll miss him but he’s a cracking lad. We support him and wish him the best of luck. We’ve just re-loaned him to Love Island – that’s all. He’s an integral part of the team. He’s a good looking lad, has great physique and a fantastic footballer so I’m sure he’ll do well.”

Tapp started in Oxford City’s previous fixture, a 3-0 defeat to Dartford, but was substituted early on following a clash of heads, reportedly leading to an eight-minute match stoppage.

Tapp was signed by City from MK Dons last summer, making twelve appearances in the National League South for the Club.

Previous sporting contestants that have appeared on Love Island include last year’s winner, and Ireland sevens international in rugby, Greg O’Shea, as well as boxer Tommy Fury and basketballer Ovie Soko.