BEAUTY CORNER – Cold War

Now that the weather is turning much colder, the chilly winds tend to really dry out your skin. In order to ensure that you look and feel your best throughout the winter months it is important to place moisturising at the top of your beauty regime. Follow these top tips to help take care of your skin and keep it baby smooth throughout the cold winter ahead of us.

Body
In order to keep your body hydrated, make sure you moisturise after you shower, as this will help to keep your skin hydrated for longer. A good tip is to mix baby oil with your normal moisturising lotion for instant dry-skin relief. If you are prone to dry hands but don’t want to have slippery hands throughout the day, pop a hand cream on your nightstand and use it before you go to bed – regular use will keep your hands soft all-day, every day.

Face
If you suffer from very dry winter skin, use a hydrating serum along side your daily moisturiser. If you have normal to combination skin, use a thicker moisturiser, or a hydrating night cream before you sleep and use your regular face cream in the morning. Even with more oily skin, it is important to keep your skin hydrated in cold weather: use a mattefying moisturiser each morning and evening to keep your skin feeling and looking fresh. A quick tip for all skin types: take your regular moisturiser and liberally apply a thick layer to your face before you sleep.  Rub it in as much as possible, but leave the excess – this will work into the skin overnight and in the morning your skin will feel perfectly hydrated. 

Lips
Your lips are one of the first parts of your body to suffer from the icy wind. In order to keep them in tiptop condition (and ready for any winter statement lipstick) make sure you use lip balm regularly. The best lip treatments are emollients and humectants, as they moisturise, and keep the moisture locked into your lips.  Shock horror: Vaseline is only a humectant! Instead, try using KIEHLS Lip Balm #1 (£9.50, Johnlewis.com) or Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm (£3.69, Boots). Keep a lip balm in your handbag for throughout the day and use a thicker lip treatment for overnight. 

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG%%8549%%[/mm-hide-text]