Oxford University Mindfulness Centre offers free sessions

In a time when peace of mind is at its most elusive, the University of Oxford Mindfulness Centre (OMC) is offering free online sessions with the intention of imparting mindfulness practices that improve mental health and well-being in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

These sessions are delivered via Zoom, a video chat platform which enables conference-style video meetings with up to 100 participants. OMC offers an introductory mindfulness course composed of three weekly sessions, a weekly mindfulness course meeting from 7-8 p.m. (BST) every Wednesday, and a three-session NHS-tailored course for healthcare professionals working with COVID-19. 

The weekly mindfulness sessions are also available in podcast format for individuals who cannot attend the live sessions. According to the OMC website, contents of these weekly sessions include guided mindfulness practices, teacher talk, and discussions and questions based on a weekly topic.

Both the weekly mindfulness sessions and the introductory mindfulness course are led by fully trained Mindfulness Teachers, and the NHS sessions are led by NHS professionals trained in teaching mindfulness to healthcare staff.

Links to all of these sessions – and the archived podcasts – are accessible at www.oxfordmindfulness.org/free-online-mindfulness-course-sessions/.