‘Vote For Your Future’ is cross-party campaign working in partnership with the Student Union urging students to register to vote ahead of the upcoming European Union elections on 23 May.

The campaign encourages students to post a photo of their voter registration confirmation in the group. The college with the most voters registered will win £250 for their JCR.

Versions of the campaign were also launched for the 2015 and 2017 general elections and the 2016 European Union election. The aim is to mobilize students to register and then vote in the EU elections.

Speaking in a press release exclusive to Cherwell, Dominic Brind, who is leading the initiative, said: “EU elections are coming at a crucial stage of Brexit: its vital that as many students at Oxford as possible register to vote.

“Currently, Oxford’s MEPs include Nigel Farage: students can have a say about who they want to represent them and whether they share their values. They need to vote for their futures.”

Students can take part in the competition at Oxford Vote for your Future’s Facebook page.

The SU has been contacted for comment.