Springtide Festival to return in May

The SU hopes the festival will "help integration between students and long term residents".

Springtide Community Festival will return on Sunday 5th May, the SU has announced. Springtide is “a community focused family-friendly festival that aims to bring the student and non-student community for the day of music, fun and adventure”.

The festival, which will be held in University Parks between 11am and 7pm, will showcase local music, a mini farm and food and drink from across the world. It will be free to attend.

The event is being hosted by Oxford SU to “help integration between students and long tern residents”. The SU also hopes it will “encourage students to give back something to the city they call home by donating their time and skills to help run it and more importantly to have fun.”

The live music will include performances from Pangolin, Lavender Boy, Stolen Mic, the Oxford Commas and the Young Woman’s Music Project.

Alongside music, there will also be a variety of food from companies such as Jericho Coffee Traders, Frank’s Burgers, My Japanese and Vegan Ethiopian available.

There will also be a fully-licensed bar.

People can also sign up to participate in five-a-side football, with matches for kids, men and women taking place across the day.