Former Wolfson porter jailed for dealing Class A drugs

A former kitchen porter who worked at Wolfson College has been jailed for two years for dealing cocaine and heroin. Twenty year old Oluwatosin Omoniyi was sentenced on Friday 17th May at Oxford Crown Court.

He pleaded guilty of possession with intent to supply cocaine and heroin. He was sentenced to two years for each offence, which will run concurrently.

According to the Oxford Mail, Omoniyi was arrested on 13th January by officers patrolling in an unmarked car on Marlborough Road. He
was seen discarding items at the scene, which were later found to be wraps of a Class A drug.

Officers are said to have found just under five grams of heroin and around nine grams of crack cocaine, as well as £140 in cash.

Speaking to Cherwell, Wolfson’s College Bursar said, “We know nothing about the event or his activities and feel disappointed to be reported
as his employer, as he was provided by an agency on a casual basis.”

Speaking to the Mail, Omoniyi’s defence barrister, Lucy French, said Omoniyi received a housing benefit of just £50 a week, which could
not possibly cover his outgoings. She states, “He was approached by others to be a runner for them in terms of selling drugs.

“He entered into that with a clear head, determined to make money from it. He was constantly promised money but received no profits apart from some trainers worth £60.”

Judge Patrick Eccles said, “You are a responsible young man, perfectly capable of making responsible decisions, but you chose not to in
this instance.”

Cherwell has contacted students at the college but none claimed to know about the situation.