4th Week in Fashion

‘Coming Soon To a Woman Near You’

The Most Newsworthy in Fashion and Trends

Heating up the Pradasphere – Hot on the heels of the great Dior exhibition in 2013, Harrods has announced the opening of the ‘Pradasphere’. It’s described as ‘an exhuberant, month-long exhibition that traces the diverse passions of Miuccia Prada’. As well as experiencing great works from the fashion house, customers can also order some of the exhibition pieces to buy.

For Whom the Shoe Fits – Disney debuts a teaser picture for the new live action Cinderella adaptation to be released in April 2015. The new Cinderella is Britain’s (and Downton Abbey’s) own Lily James, whilst Prince Charming is Richard Madden of Game of Thrones fame. The new feature, directed by Kenneth Branagh, is said to be ‘a dazzling spectacle for a whole new generation’ and is sure to display some beautifully dramatic costumes. See a snapshot below:

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%9789%%[/mm-hide-text] 

A Delevingne Day for a Wedding – The world got to see what the marriage of a well-connected socialite-and-model looked like when Poppy Delevingne got married to long term partner James Cook on the 17th of May. The bride herself, a close friend of Chanel mogul Karl Largerfeld, wore a couture Chanel gown for the big day, whilst her younger sister Cara also followed up in Chanel. Other notable moments of the day: elder sister Chloe wore a £1500 Victoria Beckham dress, and Poppy got the ‘ring bear’ (a small child in a bear costume) that Robin from How I Met Your Mother was so afraid about.

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%9790%%[/mm-hide-text] 

Sarah Millican Hits Back – Sarah Millican calls up the nonsense of female criticism through the backlash she received for wearing a John Lewis gown at the recent BAFTA awards ceremony. She says: ‘I felt wonderful in that dress, and surely that’s all that counts… The next day, I was in newspapers pilloried for what I was wearing. I’m sorry. I thought I had been invited to such an illustrious event because I was good at my job.’

Cannes Style – Stars are out in force for the Cannes Film Festival, with stars Eva Green, Mads Mikkelsen, Blake Lively and many more hitting the red carpet in their best couture frocks. It was been a spectacle for the paparazzi, with many other celebrity names flocking in to take advantage of the publicity-fest in the South of France. See the Hunger Games’ cast out in style below:

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%9791%%[/mm-hide-text]