Kate Moss Topshop Collection

The launch of Kate’s new collection for Topshop, a renewal of the collaboration that first began in 2007 and the first collection for the 40 year-old model in 4 years, is now in full swing. Topshop certainly succeeded in making it feel like the second coming, with Vogue offering exclusive ‘first look’ pictures of the collection at the beginning of April and Topshop Instagram accounts, worldwide, counting down the days until the launch. There was even a live stream of the collection’s big reveal, not to mention the thousands of shoppers who flocked to the Oxford Circus store for the global launch on Tuesday evening.

It is an expensive high-street collection, with dresses beginning at £60 and one of most expensive pieces being the split gold lamé maxi dress (£295), which the icon herself wore to the launch dinner at Connaught Hotel (the pictures are well worth checking out, including a line up which includes Naomi Campbell, Cara Delevingne, and Sienna Miller). But it is not surprising that hours after the Oxford Circus store opened their doors, there were items already appearing on eBay: the gold dress itself is being sold for up to £650.

However, if you missed out on the getting your hands on one of the coveted pieces – Kate told her fans, ‘I just want everyone to find something from the collection that they love’ – then there are close, cheap copies (see links below). ASOS offer gorgeous scallop shorts; Urban Outfitters have several floral summer dresses which are serious contenders to Kate’s sundresses; and the Topshop own brand silky camis are more readily available alternatives. And the gold dress? Well, I couldn’t find a cheap alternative for that; but then again, you may think the same as I do: although you may be able to find alternatives to her clothes, there is no real alternative to Kate Moss. And when it comes to the key autobiographical pieces of the collection, I’d rather the original: it’s the closest anyone of us will get to being Kate…

PS. We’re also LOVING her new make-up collection with Rimmel London!

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG%%9706%%[/mm-hide-text]

ASOS Shorts with Scallop Hem, £20.00. Available here.

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%9707%%[/mm-hide-text] 

Kimchi Blue Betty Dress (Daisy Print), £48.00. Available here.

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%9708%%[/mm-hide-text] 

Black Double Layer Cami, £22.00. Available here.