Street Style: HT16 3rd week

Patrick – German and Linguistics Student at Brasenose

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%12789%%[/mm-hide-text] 

“I tend to wear dark clothes normally and I like things to be comfy. So that’s why I’m wearing sweat pants, for instance. And I only just woke up, so – you know – it’s just something quite easy and comfortable, and practical. But at the same time I like wearing white shirts – I think they go well with the colours that I tend to wear. It’s a more classical thing for me.

“I buy some things in Zara. I’m from Poland, so other things are from Polish shops. But I don’t think the shop really matters – sometimes I look through them all and then I see something nice that arouses my interest. I’m not this kind of typical fashion person. I wouldn’t say that.

“In Poland I don’t think people pay as much attention to what they’re wearing, which I think is a good thing – I think you should wear what you feel comfortable in, and that you shouldn’t judge people. I think the variety here is better. It’s really hard to find the right size for me in Poland because people are often one shape, and I’m a bit skinny and not so tall. It’s quite difficult to find pants and stuff. Here, just because people are so different and there are so many cultural backgrounds, you can find all sorts of clothes.” 

Bethany, graduated last year, working in Peterborough

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%12790%%[/mm-hide-text] 

“I’ve visting the city. I’m just wandering. I’ve been for brunch at the Art Cafe.

“I’m wearing Topshop jeans, New Look top and coat, and obviously Adidas trainers. I usually buy my clothes in store so I can try things on and see if they suit me. I hate the hassle of having to send things back, really.

“I like roll necks at the moment, pretty casual things – I’m always looking for more trainers, jeans, things like that. “

Jess, Beauty Therapy student at Abingdon

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%12791%%[/mm-hide-text] 

“My jacket is from New Look and my top is Apricot, but from New Look, again. This other jacket is from an online retailer called La Redoute and my jeans are New Look. So basically all New Look! As well as the bag.

“I’ve got a bigger New Look where I live, but the one here is nice. I do most of my shopping in store.

“I look to some celebrities for fashion inspiration … I like Ferne McCann. I like what she wears a lot. I use Instagram to look at fashion-related things. It’s definitely changed how I think of clothes: I see things in store and I’m not too sure, then I see them on people and they seem more wearable.

“I’m off to see my boyfriend today!”