Bestival 2016 set to be a winner

The organisers of Bestival, which takes place in Robin Park on the Isle of Wight from September 8-11 this year, have announced the first lot of names for their line-up of ‘Mind-Expanding Music’.

Post-punk rockers The Cure are set to headline the Saturday night, returning after their 2011 Bestival debut. Formed in West Sussex in 1977, Robert Smith and his iconic band will take to the stage to shred through the tunes which have resulted out of some forty years of playing together.

After last year’s successful sixth album Why Make Sense? Hot Chip are set to headline the Big Top on the Friday. The London boys have played Bestival more times than any other band, truly encapsulating the eclectic spirit which runs through every year of the festival.

American EDM maestros Major Lazer will take to the stage on Friday night, mixing up their fantastic array of reggae/dancehall/EDM beats. With a festival curated by legendary DJ Rob Da Bank and his wife, Major Lazer are sure to revive the ecstatic dancehall roots of this festival, where electronic music really is the mainstay of the weekend.

The rest of the weekend’s line-up includes huge names all the way down the bill. Offerings include Wolf Alice, Skepta, Bastille, Katy B, Animal Collective, The Human League, Jagwar Ma, Loyle Carner, Craig David’s TS5, Years & Years, Ride, and Ghostpoet, amongst many others.

A DJ himself, curator Rob Da Bank can always be relied on to put excellent DJ acts on the bill. This year’s line-up includes Fatboy Slim, Krept & Konan, Diplo, The Black Madonna, Eats Everything and Tourist. David Rodigan MBE presents his Ram Jam, and choir-boy Aled Jones will (surprisingly enough) MC alongside Rob Da Bank as DJ for an exclusive History of Jungle & Drum n Bass set.

More acts are still to be announced. Find out more information and buy tickets here.