Dear Santa… (part two)

Anahit Behrooz (Section Editor)

What sort of a party is it?

Overly twinkly and fairytale-esque yet homey and very merry.

Where is it taking place?

Outdoors in snowy woodlands (kept warm by those magical patio heaters Parisian cafes have), lit by hundreds and hundreds of fairylights and lanterns, with Christmas decorations sprinkled liberally around.

Who would you invite and why?

Um, Alice in Wonderland as I basically want to be her. Marie Antoinette so I could steal her clothes. The Brothers Grimm for making studying German bearable. JK Rowling because, well, do we really need a reason? Rebecca from The Clothes Horse as she is one of my greatest fashion idols. Sofia Coppola for her stunning films and style, Matthew Williamson for his daring fun designs, Klimt because he is my new obsession and Henry Tilney of Northanger Abbey so I could steal him away at the end.

What would you wear as the host?

Hmm…I’ve always always wanted the antique cut-off wedding dress that Cecilia from The Virgin Suicides wears. So that. Slightly morbid as it may be.

What are you serving?

A Hogwarts feast, essentially. Plus a gingerbread house, Butterbeer, Lebkuchen and candy canes. And oh-so-much mulled wine.

What’s on your Christmas wishlist?

Lace-up boots, Serge Lutens perfume, lace tights, a subscription to Oh Comely magazine, a plane ticket to New York and a relaxed Hilary term.

Fleur Ma (Deputy Fashion Editor)

What sort of a party is it?

It’s a White Christmas ball set in Ancient Egypt. Pyramids sparkle with snow and Christmas illuminations brighten up Pharaoh’s palaces. Guests can go ice fishing for their favourite shoes and accessories in the frozen Champagne Nile. The only unbreakable rule is that guests must wear their cutest and sleekest winter boots.

Where is it taking place?

Madame Tussauds in London. Wax figure and human alike mingle amidst Ancient Egypt’s Christmas wonderland.

Who would you invite and why?

From style icons to couturiers; the guest list will be a celebration of the great influences of fashion history. Cleopatra, Marie Antoinette, Steven Meisel, Paul Smith, Anja Rubik, Jill Stuart and Rebecca Taylor (without whom my wardrobe would virtually not exist)

What would you wear as the host?

Hervé Léger black velour bandage dress and a real naja haje cobra.

What are you serving?

Champagne and Ancient Egyptian wines.

What’s on your Christmas wishlist?

Alexander McQueen winged leather ankle boots, Balmain sequined tweed coat and Proenza Schouler leather satchel bag. Absolutely necessary items for winter holidays and Hilary term – to go to lectures in Schools, chill out after tutes, or discuss Luxury Fever (by R. Frank) with friends at a café. Right?

Grace Goddard (Deputy Fashion Editor)

What sort of a party is it?

Disgustingly cheesy, overwhelmingly sparkly and not at all sophisticated.

Where is it taking place?

The mountain ski chalet in Wham!’s Last Christmas video. Or the snow-covered cottage in the Marks and Spencers advert with Take That. I don’t mind as long as both Take That and Wham! are present.

Who would you invite and why?

Cliff Richard – the brussel sprouts of guests – one of those compulsory Christmas things that no one really likes. Frosty the Snowman, because he’s a jolly happy soul. And all drunken Grandmas. However, all guests’ outfits must achieve the required level of glitteriness in order to gain entry.

What would you wear as the host?

An East 17 style white puffer jacket with a fur-trimmed hood, white gloves and white trainers. The finishing touch- one diamante earring.

What are you serving?

Enormous vats of bread sauce which guests can ladle into their own bowls – don’t judge, it’s always the best part of Christmas dinner! Brandy butter for pudding and chai lattes to drink because they just taste like Christmas.

What’s on your Christmas wishlist?

A Steps reunion; ankle boots; less essays; the D&G long-sleeved snowflake-patterned knitted leotard; Bridget Jones’ Christmas jumper; leather bound books that smell old; Gilmore Girls memorabilia; a place on Strictly Come Dancing and a pony.